Ladies and Gentlemen,
I would like to thank all of you and more especially the organizers for their invitation to come to Ibbenbüren in order to present you with the “FIVA Best Preserved Vehicle Award“, the price for the most original, non-restored historic motorcycle.
A few words about the FIVA: Our goals focus on the Protection, Preservation and Promotion of Historic Vehicles including, obviously, historic e motorcycles. Much of our work is done behind the scene whereby papers are being pushed back and forth between Brussels, Washington, Beijing, Berlin and other seats of politicians and FIVA board members or FIVA delegates. Aim is to ensure the continues use of our cultural heritage on public roads so their remain visible to the general public.
Ibbenbüren is a superb example of this! Nowhere can one see so many historic motorcycles together is a single spot. The excitement over this cultural heritage is clearly visible at both the drivers as well as the many, many spectators along the routes.
All of this is only possible due to hard work of the organizers and many volunteers. To all of you warm THANK YOU from FIVA and naturally also your patron Mario Theissen, who sends his regards.
Now I come to the main topic; the prices! As an exception, the jury has decided to give 3 prices rather than one, this due to the very high number of absolute excellent unrestored and well preserved motorcycles. The organizers have made two cups available for this, whereby the number 1 receives the FIVA plaque.
The selected motorcycles:
– Number 4: The 1906 Condor 330cc of Gert Holmersma (NL)
– Number 32: The 1924 BSA 500cc with sidecar of Susanne Dohn (Dld)
Both of these received a cup each for their joint 2nd place.
The overall winner was the 1929 NSU 201T of Holger Rasch with number 345.
- Frame Number: 831607
- Displacement: 199 cm³ (56,5 x 80 mm)
- Horsepower: 4,5 PS
- Type: Single cylinder 4-stroke
- Engine Number : 125576
- Ignition: Bosch Magnet Typ FC1A / RS10
- Carburetor: Amac – Typ 30 PJH
- Chain driven
- Gears: 3-gears monoblock
- Wheels fort and rear: the optional NSU 2,5 x 19“ version
- Tyres: Steel reinforced Metzeler Block C 3.25-19 TT 54P
- Lights: Front Bosch ES 150 – Rear: Bosch, both through a dry battery
- Weight: 100 kg
- Seats: 2
- Maximum speed: 65 km/h
- Holger Rasch
- Date of birth: 21.08.1965