About the FIVA
The “Fédération Internationale des Véhicules Anciens” (FIVA) was founded in 1966 in response to an idea formulated by a handful of organisations representing the interests of historic vehicle enthusiasts within a number of different countries. The founders felt that the time had come for an international body to promote and guide the interests of the historic vehicle movement throughout the world. At present FIVA can boast over 85 member organisations in more than 62 countries throughout the world, which in turn represent more than 1.500.000 historic vehicle enthusiasts.
The FIVA and the impact of personal transportation on society
The Fédération Internationale des Véhicules Anciens (FIVA) is the worldwide organization dedicated to the preservation, protection and promotion of historic vehicles and related culture.
- We preserve historic vehicles, related artifacts and records through research and cataloguing as well as the development of guidelines, standards, and education which ensure that authentic examples of our automotive past are available for future generations.
- We protect the responsible use of historic vehicles through legislative monitoring, the development of recommended policies, specific supportive action and effective relations with national and international authorities.
- We promote historic vehicle culture through communication, development of international events, forums, and seminars. We provide formal recognition and support for activities that are consistent with our ideals.
FIVA World Motorcycle Week 2014:
- 12 countries CZECH REPUBLIC - GERMANY – GREECE - ITALY - LATVIA - NORWAY - SLOVENIA - SPAIN - SWITZERLAND - U.K - USA – CANADA
- 12 different events
- More than 4000 participants
- Same goal: give more visibility and emphasize the importance of classic motorcycles
pdf report here
Salon Prive 2014
The Salon Prive 2014, Concours D’ Elegance was held on the 3rd of September on the grounds of the beautiful and historic Syon House in London UK. The Salon Prive has grown significantly since its first appearance, attracting owners, judges, collectors and enthusiasts from all over the world. Concours are all about tradition and Heritage. Of the 91 historic vehicles registered on the entry list, (73 cars and 18 motorcycles) 53 were holders of a valid FIVA Identity Card. This year Salon Prive was registered as an International Event (A) on FIVA Calendar.
Ludwigsburg Concours d'Elegance
On June 21-22, Retro Messen GmbH organised its traditional Retro Classics meets Barock in the impressive grounds of the Ludwigsburg Schloss (454 rooms, more than in Versailles!).
Best of Show went to the beatifully restored 1939 Lancia Astura Pininfarina presented by the Saulus Karosas Collection.
Ladislav Pakosta acted as FIVA Steward and Patrick Rollet, FIVA President, attended the event.
|Click to enlarge||Click to enlarge|
|Behind an imposing Horch, one can see the winning Lancia Astura||Row of 6C Alfa Romeos, 1942 & 1939|
Yesterday's vehicles on tomorrow's roads
Pebble Beach Concours d'Elégance 2014
As in previous years, with Hagerty Insurance's support, FIVA and HVA, FIVA's ANF in Northern America, awarded trophies to the Best Preserved Cars classes, prewar and postwar. Mark Gessler, President of HVA and Patrick Rollet, President of FIVA, presented the trophies to the winners.
|Patrick Rollet presenting the FIVA Award to Best Preserved Car, Pre War, a Ruxton Tourer||Mark Gessler presenting the FIVA Award to Best Preserved Car, Post War, a Ferrari Testa Rossa|
|Above photos by Rubén L. Verdes.
|Fred Guyton, St. Louis Missouri - 1930 Ruxton C Baker-Raulang Roadster||Tom Hartley Jnr.,Derbyshure, United Kingdom - 1957 Ferrari 250 Testa Rossa Scaglietti Spyder|
|The Quail preservation award:
August 15th, 2014. Jack E. Thomas, Missouri - 1960 Aston Martin DB4GT
|Click photo's to enlarge|
MAVAMSZ, the Federation of Hungarian Historic Vehicle Clubs is proud to have been part-organising on a successful event in Budapest recently. The organizer made available 2500 sq.m of exhibition space on which 14 member clubs put their vehicles on show. It was a good opportunity for MAVAMSZ to present the achievements and aims of FIVA to the public.
Apply to the FIVA newsletter!
Regular news from the FIVA for Classic Vehicles fans, legislataors and other interested in the Promotion, Preservation and Protection of Classic Vehicles.
Click the button to go to the form.